Sunday 18 October 2015

Book Launch on PAP Pioneers

Attended the book launch on PAP Pioneers: 50 Ordinary Stories at The Clifford Pier, Fullerton Bay Hotel this morning. PM Lee Hsien Loong was the Guest of Honour. Speaker of Parliament, Madam Halimah Yacob was the Organising Chairperson. She is also the PAP.SG Chairperson. The 2 DPMs were also special guests at this morning's book launch. In his key note address, PM Lee mentioned about The Clifford Pier, the difference between the old and new setting. It helped me to reminisce that when I was a small boy, about 10 years old,  my father brought me to Kusu Island. At that time, Clifford Pier was a jetty where wooden boat (tongkang) would ferry passengers to the southern islands including Kusu Island. I was seasick and vomited overboard because the sea was choppy and the diesel engine was belching fume towards my direction. I had nausea and vomited profusely. My only consolation on the trip was rewarded when I saw clear water with fishes swimming around the boat. I could see the bottom of the seabed when the boat was nearing the island. It was my first venture out in the sea on a boat. A journey brought back fond memories of my younger days at this morning's book launch.  
 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment